ac-archive-maintainers

Re: Autoconf and Automake macros.

From: Tom Howard
Subject: Re: Autoconf and Automake macros.
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:19:23 +1100

Hi Peter,

Here are the reworked automake macros I submitted last year. They now cosist of just autoconf macros, but they put Makefile rules into aminclude.am set a AC_SUBST'ed INC_AMINCLUDE variable, that when placed in your Makefile.am files, includes the aminclude.am file. This allows me to keep everything in m4 files, yet provide the same functionality.

I haven't tried (I always use Automake), but you might be able to use these in Makefile.in files as well.

The main features are cvs and rpm support, but there are some other nifty things in there which can be used for other purposes, such as make install_files, which will create a list of all the files that will be installed.

All the Makefile targets are designed to work correctly for both VPATH and non-VPATH builds, and they should also work from any sub-directory (that has @INC_AMINCLUDE@ in the Makefile.am).

Let me know if you have any problems, questions or feedback.

Cheers,

Tom Howard