ac-archive-maintainers

Re: bnv_have_qt: QT_CXXFLAGS should contain -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT if neede

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: bnv_have_qt: QT_CXXFLAGS should contain -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT if needed
Date: 15 Jan 2005 14:21:50 +0100

Bastiaan Veelo writes:

 > My biggest concern is still that Guido's archive is not
 > in sync with yours with respect to my macro. I am
 > pondering the idea of using

 >   <m4source href="bnv_have_qt.m4">

 > maybe that helps.

The problem is that the macro won't contain the markup and
documentation in the way Guido's software expects it to
then. I'm not sure what would happen in that case.

As I see it, we have the following options:

 (a) Abandon XML altogether and go back to the @keyword
     style of adding meta information. The HTML page
     generated for your macro wouldn't look as good anymore
     as it does now, but that's not exactly a major concern.

 (b) Commit a pseudo-macro in the legacy tree that tells the
     user to go to www.gnu.org/.../bnv_have_qt.html for the
     real thing.

 (c) Complete the re-organization effort that stalled a year
     ago and thus unify the gnu.org and sf.net archives.
     (Personally, I never thought it was a good idea to
     duplicate all contents of this archive in the first
     place, but that's a long story ...)

Have I missed something? Opinions anyone?

Peter

P. S.: The new version you committed should be on-line now,
I ran the update process.