ac-archive-maintainers

Submission procedures

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Submission procedures
Date: 19 Jan 2005 14:13:51 +0100

Hi,

I'm about to complete the new "how to submit" instructions,
and I'd like to get your opinions on the proper procedure
before finishing that document.

Savannah does have various "trackers" like sf.net does,
including a "patch tracker" which could be used to submit new
macros. The tracker could do all kinds of neat things like
sending out notifications of changes to this list, sending out
reminders to if an item hasn't been processed for too long,
etc.

Do you think this approach has merits compared to the way we
have been doing it so far, which is "just e-mail it to
address@hidden"? I tend to prefer e-mail over
weird web-based things, but using the trackers may increase
transparency a bit. I don't know. What do you think?

On a side note ... Guido, the submission instructions at
<http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/contribute.html> currently
say:

 | If you want to contribute ...
 |
 | then please don't hesitate a second! Just can send the m4
 | source to Guido Draheim <address@hidden> via electronic mail,
 | or even send it directly to address@hidden
 | which is the mailinglist of the ac-archive maintainers and a
 | joint effort to keep the ac-archive repositories in sync and
 | always up to date. [...]

Would you mind changing that text to instruct people to send
new submissions _always_ to <address@hidden>?
The text seems to encourage to e-mail you privately, and then
I can't see the new submissions (like az_python.m4). Thanks!

Peter