ac-archive-maintainers

[Fwd: Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro]

From: Tom Howard
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:44:32 +1100

For our records

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Re-licensing your Autoconf Macro
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:25:33 +0800
From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
To: Tom Howard <address@hidden>

Permission is hereby  granted.

John

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 12:48:32PM +1100, Tom Howard wrote:

     Dear John Darrington,

     as you know, the contents of the GNU Autoconf Macro
     Archive <http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/> is
     currently licensed under the GNU GPL with this special
     exception:

     http://www.gnu.org/software/ac-archive/htmldoc/COPYING-Exception.html

     This construct turned out to come with some unexpected
     legal problems, which are summarized in this article:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ac-archive-maintainers/2005-01/msg00030.html

     To fix these problems, we would like to re-release all
     macros in the Archive under an all-permissive license,
     which is described near the end of the page
     <http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html>
     and which looks like this:

      Copying and distribution of this file, with or without
      modification, are permitted in any medium without
      royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice
      are preserved.

     To do that, however, we need your permission -- and this
     is what this e-mail is about.

     Would you agree to re-release your Autoconf macro(s)

     CHECK_GNU_MAKE

     under the terms of this all-permissive license instead of
     the GPL-with-exception one?

     Regards,

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3