ac-archive-maintainers

Re: File names

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: File names
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:06:32 +0100

The `acinclude` tool is currently grepping macros for
/dnl obsoleted[: ]/ lines, therefore updating the local
acinclude.m4 of a project will show it only then but
it does not trouble other users of the project. A few
days ago, ADL said he wants a tool for a project-local
aclocal subdirectory - I was thinking about doing that
with the acinclude tool as well. As for the ac-archive
I think it is a better idea to just issue the warning
only on those project-local macro-updates so that it
does not hide deeper problems with a autoconf core
update. What it will look like, hmmm, it's just that
I do already have a mechanism in place that serves
the purpose but it can adapted easily if the syntax
does change. -- guidod