ac-archive-maintainers

Multiple @synopsis (was: multiple @syntax).

From: Bastiaan Veelo
Subject: Multiple @synopsis (was: multiple @syntax).
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 13:24:50 +0100

Peter Simons wrote:

Guido Draheim writes:

> I do have currently the impression that your parsers
> prefer to use multiple @syntax lines when adding multiple
> items.

Actually, my parser would report @syntax as an unknown tag.

Guido,

you probably mean @synopsis, not @syntax? In that case I think the multiple synopsis lines got supported upon my request some years ago (in the GNU archive) for BNV_HAVE_QT, which has two different sets of options, which are mutually exclusive. These should appear on separate lines, in the HTML documentation as well as in the distributed file (!) and therefore the @synopsis keyword appears twice. Separation by a comma would not only appear confusing to me, it would also give a really long line.

But I don't understand what you mean by "items" (macros?) so I may be missing the point.

Bastiaan.