Re: [Adonthell-devel] Iems

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Iems
Date: 21 Feb 2002 20:28:53 +0100

> > Just tested and had a quick look at the code, it's just fine! All the
> > basic stuff we discussed/argued about is already in this base class.
> > Light, powerfull and efficient. Maybe it's the character which should
> > equip an item, and not the contrary, though.
>
> I agree that it looks a bit funny :). But I think being equipped is a
> function of the item, and as such fits into the item class. If you know a
> better solution, please let me know.

I'd say that items could live without characters, while characters
couldn't live without item ("living" in the OO meaning). Characters
would depends on items, but not the contrary, this is why I think a
character should equip an item. But don't worry for that now. Let the
system live a bit, and we'll see later who should do what. :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org