[Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/saving engine state

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Loading/saving engine state
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:37:21 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Quite a bit of v0.3 gamedata class ported to v0.4 today. Also had some
> thoughts about the registration process:

As of yesterday, all code has been committed. It's basically the same
as v0.3s savegame management, with those differences:

* Additional quicksave and autosave slots.
* Actual stuff to save isn't hardcoded, but must be registered from
the outside.
* Callback can be registered to recieve progress information.

However, it is not well tested yet, so this will be something to work
on today. I also want to update worldtest enough to actually load
different maps ... this will probably require some changes in the way
character information is saved. All in all, this should get us a
little closer to the Waste's Edge remake.

Hope we can also get the savegame UI recreated sometime soon :-).

Kai