Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:57:04 +0200

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:20:16 -0400 (EDT) Nezumi wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Kai Sterker wrote:
>
> > As far as artists go, a Mac port might not hurt either ;).
>
> I've already had people asking me for a Mac port back before we did
> much on 0.3.

Maybe we should post another job on Savannah/SF then. Something like

Porting graphical role playing game to MacOS

Adonthell is a graphical, single player role playing game that is
developped under Linux. It compiles out of the box on Linux and *BSD. It
is reported to work under Solaris and a win32 port is as good as
complete. Now we are looking for somebody to port it to the Mac (either
Classic or OS X or both).

Adonthell itself is written in C++ and makes extensive use of Python
scripting. It further depends on the following libraries and tools:

* SDL (http://www.libsdl.org) as graphic backend
* Ogg Vorbis (http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis) for music
* Python (http://www.python.org) for scripting
* SWIG (http://www.swig.org) for Python <-> C++ integration
* GNU gettext (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/) for national
  language support
* Freetype 2 (http://www.freetype.org/) for true type font support

Most, if not all, of these libraries are highly portable and should
cause little trouble. Our own source code is written with portability
in mind, but might need some changes. It is endian independent and
compiles well with g++ 2.95.x and 3.0.x so far.

So if you feel up to the task and would like to make our current demo
game (http://adonthell.linuxgames.com/downloads/) available to your
fellow Mac users, please contact us at address@hidden .

Kai