Re: [aspell-devel] Port to Win32

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Port to Win32
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:18:38 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Gary Setter wrote:

> I'm working on a port of ASpell 0.60 to Win32. I'm wondering of
> my changes will accepted and what I can do improve my chances.

There are three levels of which you can port the code to Win32)

1) Cygwin
2) MinGW
3) VC++

A Cygwin port should work with very little effort.  However, there has
been some reports of linking problems.

A MinGW port may take a bit more effort but it is doable.  I will accept
patches so that Aspell can compile with MinGW

a VC++ is a lot more work due to the non-standard C++ compiler.  A
port for VC++ will generally be distributed as a separate patch.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org