Re: [aspell-devel] A few questions while porting

From: Gary Setter
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] A few questions while porting
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:42:59 -0500

Thanks for the reply Xris.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Hintermüller"
<address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:52 AM
<snip>
 > C4190: '<Unknown>' has C-linkage specified, but returns UDT
<snip> Hm if i'm not mistaken there is an article on www.msdn.net
or the google
> groups on that, and if i'm not mistaken there exists a pragma
tellign vc++ to
> accept this as valid construct but not sure as this will make
pure c compiler
> fail to link to aspell but vc++ should not bee in troubles.

Yes, I searched Google and had a msdn hit that explains what the
warning means. I'm no so much interested in removing the warning
as receiving assurance from someone using c-linkage that the
function works properly.

This still seems open to me.

> > 2)
> > In language.cpp   PosibErr<void> Language::setup(const String
&
> > lang, const Config * config)
> > there is this code:
> >       while (getdata_pair(REPL, d, buf)) {
> >         to_lower(d.key);
> >         if (d.key == "rep") {
> > There is no to_lower() function in the global namespace. Do
they
> > mean the acommon namespace or aspeller?
> Hm guessing hm try to add a using namespace acommon and/or
aspell allthough
> the line
>  namespace aspell {
>  };
> schould imply that. Strange as vc++ is .
This isn't a vc issue. This is a c++ issue. Specifying ::to_lower
overrides the namespace aspeller { }. That is what global
namespace means.

The whole issue is strange. This is in the language module. To
lower is language sensitive as soon as you into other character
sets. What wouldn't it use Language::to_lower()?

I have other issues.

3)
The Win32Port of aspell0.5 has a memory leak. which is more
important, geting a Win32Port of aspell0.6 or finding the memory
leaks. Is there anyone who wants to address this?

4)
There is a new lock class that needs a mutex for Win32. I have no
problem implementing it, but I'm not sure how to test it. Any
hints or does anyone what to take it over?

5)
I haven't spent any time on it, but the pipe command is failing
on me. I was doing this at the command prompt:
more sample.txt | aspell6 pipe.

I would like to use the debugger to solve the problem, but I
don't know how to tell the debugger to get its input from a pipe.
Can anyone tell me how or am I going back to sending messages to
the screen?

Thanks for your reply.