Re: [aspell-devel] News on aspell support in ispell.el

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] News on aspell support in ispell.el
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:05:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Agustin Martin wrote:

On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 07:31:45PM -0700, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

So does it notify Aspell of replacements one makes?

From what I think is most recent ispell.el from fsf emacs cvs,

$ grep -n ispell-send-replacement ispell.el
1440:(defun ispell-send-replacement (misspelled replacement)
3073:               (ispell-send-replacement (car poss) replace)
3078:             (ispell-send-replacement (car poss) replace-word)

with

(defun ispell-send-replacement (misspelled replacement)
 "Notify aspell that MISSPELLED should be spelled REPLACEMENT.
This allows it to improve the suggestion list based on actual mispellings."
 (and ispell-really-aspell
      (ispell-send-string (concat "$$ra " misspelled "," replacement
"\n"))))

ispell.el is unmaintained upstream (as well s flyspell.el) and the most
actively modified one is that from fsf emacs cvs.

Thanks for the info.  I will update the web page.