[pspell-help] install permissions

From: Michael Gillard
Subject: [pspell-help] install permissions
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:54:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hello pspell community,

I hope I have the right address for this question...

I'm trying to install pspell but have have run into a problem. The
configure and make commands execute fine but when I do the

make install

i get...

<snip>
/irus/bin/install -c .libs/libpspell-modules.so.1.0.1
/usr/local/lib/libpspell-modules.so.1.0.1
/irus/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/lib/libpspell-modules.so.1.0.1': Permission denied
<snip>

I suspect this is just because I am a lowly user and my permissions won't
let me write to local directories. Is there something I can change in the
makefile to tell it to write to my home directory?

Thanks in advance
Mike