Re: [Aspell-user] Relationship between nb, nn and no dictionaries

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Relationship between nb, nn and no dictionaries
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 03:29:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, Torstein Sunde wrote:

> Kevin Atkinson wrote:
>
> > UGH!  Sorry about this mess.  Please have a look at:
> >
> >   http://aspell.net/aspell-nb-0.50.1-0.tar.bz2
> >   http://aspell.net/aspell-nn-0.50.1-1.tar.bz2
> >
> > And make sure everything is okay.
>
> In aspell-nb-0.50.1-0/doc/NOTES, please change line 2:
> -was ambiguous, so it was changed to "nn".
> +was ambiguous, so it was changed to "nb".

Ok I made that change and uploaded the files.  I put a request to change
the symbolic link and such since I don't have the authority to do so
myself.

> > [...]
> > The new alias are:
> >   nb: no norsk bokmal bokmål
> >   nn: nynorsk
> >
> > The "norsk" alias is there for ispell compatibility.
>
> There's no longer any "norwegian.alias".  I don't know if it's needed
> for compatibility, but _if_ it is, it should be under "nb".

I don't think it was really used.

> AFAIK, those aliases aren't used by the apps I use with Aspell (Pan
> [through Gtkspell] and Sylpheed-Claws), so I won't encounter any
> problems in this respect, if there are any.

I know ispell.el (emacs) looks for "norsk" for the Norwegian dictionary.

> Thanks for the prompt action, BTW!

Your welcome.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org