[Aspell-user] PHP Windows CGI error

From: Rachel Green
Subject: [Aspell-user] PHP Windows CGI error
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:47:42 +0100

I have installed Aspell -0.50.3 on my machine which runs Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4.  I am using IIS 5 and PHP version 4.3.6.

The Aspell program works fine from the command line, but when I try and use the pspell functions in a PHP page I get the following error message:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

abnormal program termination
Unhandled Error: C:\Program Files\Aspell\dict/en-only.rws: The file "C:\Program Files\Aspell\data/iso8859-1.dat" is not in the proper format.
If I do a phpinfo() PHP tells me that the pspell functions are enabled, but it refuses to work.  I have tried a few different dictonaries with the same result.

Has anyone come across this problem and could offer advice?

Thanks