Re: [Aspell-user] windows + php + aspell = trouble

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] windows + php + aspell = trouble
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:45:52 +0100

Hi
Am Dienstag, 16. November 2004 06:26 schrieb jsWalter:

> > I am in almost the same situation. Running windows 2003, I need to run
> > PHP 4.3.9 with Pspell.
Pspell do you really mean pspell which is required for aspell < 0.50
respective 0.33.X ???

> > I have downloaded and installed aspell 0.50
> >
> > Nothing happens when copying the dll to the system path. Php does not
> > detect it. When I add it as extension to php.ini, Php stops working.

If the php stuff really needs pspell there is no chance to get aspell >= 0.50
to work as aspell does not need pspell any more and thus pspell is not
included in aspell. Thus either goto http://aspell.net/old.html. Further
http://aspell.net states the following about php support ;-)
  "[...] PHP: Uses the old Pspell interface, Manual [...]"

Thus forget Aspell >= 0.50 you have to use aspell < 0.50 even you would
require features only available in >= 0.50 ;-( If you desire to change that
either do it your self or send a feature request to the php aspell binding
maintainer and ask him to add aspell >= 0.50 support .

cu
Xris
ps.: to all read read read all the docs and pages along aspell and
http://aspell.net please pleaaaase ;-(