Re: [Aspell-user] Arabic wordlist for aspell is available.

From: Mohammed Sameer
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Arabic wordlist for aspell is available.
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:55:06 +0200

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 01:12:39PM +0200, Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> > I've just created it as a proof of concept so people know that
> > aspell can work fine with Arabic. It's still tiny and contains
> > only 71,000 words.
>
> Does this mean it performs the basic task of a spell checker, or
> does it also mean that aspell-for-Arabic works far better than
> ispell-for-Arabic?
>
> I know aspell works for Swedish, but I'm not convinced that it is
> any better than ispell for Swedish.  I don't have any test case to
> determine the quality of its function.

Sorry for the delay,
Well, No one tried ispell, A few months ago we had the idea that aspell won't
even work with Arabic.

I still don't know anything about the soundsalike things, Still have a long
way to go :-)

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Admin.