[Aspell-user] A (too huge) Arabic word-list (with prefixes) for spell-ch

From: Dan Kenigsberg
Subject: [Aspell-user] A (too huge) Arabic word-list (with prefixes) for spell-checkers
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:37:11 +0300

I would like to disperse a confusion that might have risen.

Yesterday I released my conversion of Tim Buckwalter's database of Arabic to the
Aspell format. You can see/use it on .
Please see the disclaimers in

Unknown to me, Ethan Bradford and Gokalp Yapici have been working on the same
kind of project, and even have discussed it with this list. Since I am only a
volunteer, and since their package might come out somewhat lighter, it might be
sensible to have it as Aspell's Arabic package. However, using and commenting on
my currently-available package would be useful, as both packages rely on the
same database.

Dan Kenigsberg        ICQ 162180901