[Aspell-user] german umlaute in LaTeX

From: Benjamin Sailer
Subject: [Aspell-user] german umlaute in LaTeX
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:11:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

there were some old postings about a not-yet implemented feature
and I wonder whether this is in now:

Is it possible to check latex documents containing german umlaute
written in ascii-7bit-encoding using
- "a
- "o
- "u
- "A
- "O
- "U
- "s
(using \documentclass[german,...]{...} or \usepackage[ngerman]{babel},
I do not know what actually allows those shorts), or alternatively
- \"a
- \"o
- \"u
- \"A
- \"O
- \"U
- \ss
(plain tex)?

If yes, what do I have to do in order to use it?

Up to now, I have no (for me easy) possibility to write iso-8859 or
utf-8 characters with my us-keyboard.  I remember such functionality
being envisioned for version 0.33, but on the other hand, I have seen
it at least in some sense still on the todo-list on the gnu webpage of
the aspell project.

Thanks and best regards

Benjamin

P.S.:  Please send a copy of the post to me, I'm not member of this
list.

Benjamin Sailer
eMail: address@hidden
Disclaimer:  This signature has been generated automatically and
does not reflect my opinion at all.
                -- Benjamin Sailer

"If you can write a nation's stories, you needn't worry about who makes its
 laws.  Today, television tells most of the stories to most of the people
 most of the time."
-- George Gerbner