[Aspell-user] Need help using a custom dictionary exclusively

From: Otto Pilot
Subject: [Aspell-user] Need help using a custom dictionary exclusively
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to make aspell.60.4 use only my custom dictionary (generated as a .rws file), but am not having any luck.  I can add it to the list of dictionaries in use by modifying the appropriate .multi file to include my .rws file, but I don't see a way to exlude all others and only use my custom dictionary (putting only my dictionary in the .multi file does not do it).  Is this something I can do?

As an aside, I'm trying to do this because my custom dictionary includes specialty terms that overlap with general english terms for suggestion purposes, and I get duplicates (case is different, but words are the same) in my word lists when using the C API suggestion functionality .  So a more desireable approach would actually be to just eliminate the duplicates in the word list returned from the aspell_speller_suggest() method.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.