Re: [Aspell-user] Need help using a custom dictionary exclusively

From: David Bellot
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] Need help using a custom dictionary exclusively
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:48:44 +0200

--dict-dir=<your directory> to specify where are the dictionnary
and
-d <your dict> to specify the name of your dictionnary

and this dictionnary is going to be exclusively used by aspell.

Same things with the C API.

David

Otto Pilot wrote:
I'm trying to make aspell.60.4 use only my custom dictionary (generated as a .rws file), but am not having any luck.  I can add it to the list of dictionaries in use by modifying the appropriate .multi file to include my .rws file, but I don't see a way to exlude all others and only use my custom dictionary (putting only my dictionary in the .multi file does not do it).  Is this something I can do?

As an aside, I'm trying to do this because my custom dictionary includes specialty terms that overlap with general english terms for suggestion purposes, and I get duplicates (case is different, but words are the same) in my word lists when using the C API suggestion functionality .  So a more desireable approach would actually be to just eliminate the duplicates in the word list returned from the aspell_speller_suggest() method.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Dr. David Bellot
GFI Informatique pour France Telecom - SCR/HDI/DOP/Pole_Dev/Ke_Backfill
Work: +33 (0)4 97 12 85 89
Cell: +33 (0)6 88 23 23 73
Skype: dddb02
Web: http://david.bellot.free.fr

Ce message et toutes les pieces  jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis a l'intention  exclusive de ses destinataires.Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message  electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Le Groupe France Telecom decline  toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou  falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire  immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur.
This message and any attachments (the "message")  are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or  dissemination is prohibited.Messages are susceptible to alteration. France  Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or  falsified.
If you are not  receiver of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the  sender.