Re: [Aspell-user] aspell-<LANG>: Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position...

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Aspell-user] aspell-<LANG>: Invalid UTF-8 sequence at position...
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 20:37:24 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Martin Swift wrote:

Sorry, didn't read this this email when it came in. I thought it was
just a duplicate from the CC: field.

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:34:29PM -0700, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
Also, please do a "aspell dump config" and send the output as an
attachment.  It could be that the encoding was being set to UTF-8 in a
configuration file.

Attached.

Indeed, encoding is set to utf-8, but does that have anything to do
with the word lists?

Just in case it helps, /etc/aspell/aspell.conf has only a single line:

 encoding utf-8

That did it. Aspell ignores the locale settings when creating word lists but it doesn't ignore the config files. I need to fix this some how. But I don't know how best to do it. For now try setting this in your environment before compiling the word lists

  ASPELL_CONF="conf /dev/null"