[AUCTeX] how to access functionality in beamer.el

From: Rajarshi Guha
Subject: [AUCTeX] how to access functionality in beamer.el
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:52:16 -0500

Hi, I'm relatively new to Emacs and have switched to using AucTeX+Emacs
from gvim.

One thing that I cannot seem to work out is the use of the functionality
in beamer.el

For example I have a file that starts with

\documentclass{beamer}

Thus I would expect that the beamer style is recognized. The problem is,
what are the key sequences to get functionality such as

\begin{columns}
\end{columns}

etc? I noted on the list that was a post with some enhancements, such as
inserting a frame template and so on. However I have looked at beamer.el
in the AucTeX distribution and there seems to be a  bunch of
environments which I would like to use.

I would have thought that in a beamer file, doing C-c C-e would provide
me with the option of inserting a 'block' or 'columns' environment, but
these options do not show up with the above command.

I'm assuming that I am missing something very obvious, but I just can't
seem to work out whats going on.

I added (setq debug-on-error t) in my ~/.emacs, but no debug buffer
appeared, so I assume that there is no error in my startup. Also, in my
~/.emacs I have:

(setq TeX-auto-save t)
(setq TeX-parse-self t)
(setq-default TeX-master nil)
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/emacs/misc")

where the last command is for some other elisp files.

I'm running AucTeX 11.82 (installed on a system-wide basis), Emacs
21.4.1 on Fedora Core 4

Any pointers would be appreciated

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <address@hidden> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
Build a system that even a fool can use and
only a fool will want to use it.