[AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation

From: Alan Ristow
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Trouble with Find Documentation
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:08:13 -0400

Ralf Angeli wrote:
* Alan Ristow (2006-06-28) writes:

Ralf Angeli wrote:
I just had a quick look and the problem appears to be the alternate
search which is being used if kpathsea-based search is not available.
That's the case with MikTeX for example.  The alternate search,
however, searches below the various TeX roots in the "tex"
subdirectory whereas all the documentation is below the "doc"
subdirectory.  I'll try to fix this ...
Thank you. I should have mentioned that I am, in fact, using MiKTeX. If I were more knowledgeable about Emacs and AUCTeX I would love to help you try to fix the problem (but then, of course, I probably wouldn't have had the problem to begin with...).

Should be fixed in CVS.  A new snapshot should appear in at most a few
hours at
<URL:http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/>
in case you want to try it.

Thanks -- once I got TeX-macro-global set properly it worked perfectly! The preview-latex icon on the toolbar shows up as an empty box, though. Not a big deal by any means, just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for your help!

Alan