Re: [AUCTeX] How to make the label ref's work?

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] How to make the label ref's work?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:09:12 -0400

From: Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>

Frankly, I don't know it.  I tried to find out what happens by
debugging involved functions but don't have time to do this
thoroughly.  I checked with the RefTeX version included in CVS Emacs
and with a simple file like

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\begin{equation}
  \label{eq:1}

\end{equation}

\begin{lem}
  \label{lem:1}

\end{lem}
\end{document}

and saw that "lem:1" shows up in `reftex-docstruct-symbol-1' (an
undocumented internal variable) with an "s" indicator, whereas "eq:1"
shows up with "e".  So if you use `s' as the label type you will see
the "lem:1" label.  I don't know why.  It's probably best you ask
Carsten Dominik, the author of RefTeX, about the issue.

Thanks, Ralf. I had thought I made some mistakes in my .emacs. I am going to ask Carsten Dominik about it.

--
Adam