Re: [AUCTeX] word-search-* and re-search-* does not work with folding

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] word-search-* and re-search-* does not work with folding
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:43:31 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-09-10) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Then according to your view there is a bug, because in my case
>>> previews are being opened wether I am searching with `C-s', `C-M-s' or
>>> `C-M-s RET'.  Checked with circ.tex and the search string "einf" which
>>> will find the section "Einführung".
>>
>> Not at all: preview-latex auto-opens for _interactive_ searches and
>> replacements.  That is required since otherwise the interactive
>> command would get disrupted.
>>
>> There is no similar automatism for non-interactive commands.
>
> And I always thought that `M-x re-search-forward RET' would be as
> interactive as `C-M-s' ...

Sigh.  I don't mean "interactive" as in "(interactive)" here, but
"interactive" as in the "i" of "isearch".  So please replace
"non-interactive commands" in the line above by "non-interactive
searches".

I would have thought it obvious that this is what I meant, but you are
right that I used a slightly wrong expression.