Re: [AUCTeX] Re: I don't understand how to install Auctex

From: José Carlos Santos
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: I don't understand how to install Auctex
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:43:40 +0100

On 01-04-2009 15:32, Leo wrote:

You don't really need cygwin to run emacs+AUCTeX etc. In fact there is
precompiled emacs¹ for windows that has AUCTeX in it already, I mean no
extra installation of AUCTeX is needed.

When you have all those external tools (MiKTeX ghostscript etc.)
installed, you need to make sure the executable is in your PATH.

For preview to work in Windows, you also need to set:

;; stick this in your .emacs file
(setq preview-gs-command "C:/Program Files/gs/gs8.63/bin/gswin32c.exe")

Why? I don't have such a line on my .emacs file and everything works
fine. Besides, I see no reference to such a line at the AucTeX manual.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos