Re: [AUCTeX] ignore sections between Template Toolkit delimiters [% %]

From: Ed C.
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] ignore sections between Template Toolkit delimiters [% %]
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:23:03 -0600

Jason Lewis wrote:
Hi,

I am writing a program in Template Toolkit that dynamically generates
LaTeX. I currently edit this .tt file using AUCTeX mode in emacs.

Is there a way I can get AUCTeX to ignore everything between the
Template Toolkit delimiters of [% and %] and not mark that up at all?

Because the delimiters end in %] currently AUCTeX treats the rest of the
line as comment and it can make it hard to read.

Thanks,

Jason

You could use this:
"
font-lock-keywords-only is a variable defined in `font-lock.el'.
Its value is nil [in my Emacs]

Documentation:
*Non-nil means Font Lock should not fontify comments or strings.
This is normally set via `font-lock-defaults'.
"

or even put that in a minor mode hook written specifically for .tt files. Of course then you wouldn't get any syntax highlighting in those files.