Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Text corruption
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:53:19 -0600

On 12/18/2012 09:27 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

[...]

Kile is the KDE LaTeX IDE, and Kate is the KDE text editor that's also
used by Kile.  You're probably refering to TeXstudio which was forked
from TeXmaker in 2009 and used to be named TeXmakerX for some time.

Kile and TeXmaker share a lot because the original author of Kile, Pascal Brachet, left the project (I don't know why) to create the multiplatform TeXmaker.

I think for many people (v.gr., those accustomed to WinEdt, Scientific Word, etc.) TeXmaker is a much better choice than AUCTeX or TeXworks; but as I learnt TeX with TeXShop, the transition to AUCTeX was more natural.

Best

Axel