Re: [AUCTeX] Long loading time

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Long loading time
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 21:59:50 +0200

>>> Exactly.

>>> That's what I've also read.
>>
>> How about `path-separator'?

>>> I think so, although I guess there has be a reason for this
>>> auto-detection at some point in time.
>>
>> David you introduced `TeX-kpathsea-path-delimiter', could you please
>> explain why that autodetect mechanism is better than using
>> `path-separator'?
>
> Why would Kpathsea heed an Emacs variable?

Not that kpathsea should care about an Emacs variable, but _if_ the
separator is chosen with the same logic in both programs that would be
fine.  Anyway, we need a method to guess the correct separator before
calling kpsewhich, see `TeX-parse-path' and `TeX-tree-expand'.  In the
former AUCTeX looks at the structure of an environment variable, in
the latter to the value of `system-type'.

Bye,
Mosè