audio-video

[Audio-video] address@hidden: Re: Money for books]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Audio-video] address@hidden: Re: Money for books]
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 22:15:17 -0500

Please post these speeches if you think they are good ones.

Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 23:11:31 +0900
From: Song Chang-hun <address@hidden>
To: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Cc: Jeanne Rasata <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Money for books

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 05:02:43PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Chang-hun, what do you think of my proposal?

Hello, Richard.

I got the package of earnings and remains (23 books and 48
T-shirts) from Jong-min yesterday and made a balance-sheet
as soon as I saw this email.

I made 100 copies of FSFS book and also 100 pieces of FSFS
T-shirt to sell at your Nov 18 event. The product quantity
was based on the online registration number from
http://kldp.org/node/74749. Approximately, 700 people
registered in advance before Nov 10.

> If S is the price you sold each book for,
> and P is the printing cost per book,
> and N is the number you sold, I suggest you send the FSF
>
> N*(S-P)/2 - 3*P + (97-N)* (S-P)/4

You proposed above formula for money to FSF and I think that
is reasonable to me. And I'll apply it not only to books but
also T-shirts. My costs and others is as follows.

For books:
        S: 15,000 WON (USD 15)
        P:  7,500 WON (USD  7.5)
        N: 100

For T-shirts: { formula is modified to N*(S-P)/2 }
        S: 9,000 WON (USD 9)
        P: 6,000 WON (USD 6)
        N: 100

Supposing I sell all books and T-shirts, money to FSF is
USD 421.87. But because I paid Nov 18 event expenses and my
credit card payment for FSFS stuff costs, I need some more time
to sell remains to send the money to FSF. I think about two or
three months is needed for on-line selling.

Is it possible to wait for two or three months for me?

BTW, I uploaded Ogg Theora video format of your speech at this
place.

http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part1.ogg
 (138M)
http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part1.ogm
 (253M)

http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part2.ogg
 (127M)
http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part2.ogm
 (251M)

http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part3.ogg
 (150M)
http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/audio-video/2006--11-18-rms-speech-at-ysu-part3.ogm
 (154M)

And Nov 18 event photos are also founded at this place.
http://korea.gnu.org/people/chsong/rms/2006/

- --
Song Chang-hun <address@hidden>