Re: AC_DEFINE questions

From: Jeff Squyres
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE questions
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:25:54 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Paul Eggert wrote:

> > I'm not going to tell every one of my developers
> > that they need their own local installation of autoconf
>
> You don't need to do that.  You can have a single directory that is
> shared by your developers, which contains tools like Autoconf.  Your
> developers can be responsible for maintaining this directory, which they
> can prepend to their PATH.

Please re-read my previous posts.  We *don't* have multiple installations
of autoconf -- our IT support staff has a single, globally accessible
installation.  This is actually the central issue.

I made the above remark because someone made the suggestion / implication
that all of my developers could each have their own installation, and that
would avoid the "central IT support" problem.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} address@hidden