Re: Default for libexecdir

From: Andreas Buening
Subject: Re: Default for libexecdir
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:41:31 +0100

John Burger wrote:

[how to change the default for libexexdir]

> I think the only thing you could do is "edit" the value after AC_INIT
> happens, taking some care to check that the user didn't explicitly set
> it on the command line - I'm not sure how to do this without using
> internal details of the generated configure script ...

What you could do:

configure sets the default of libexecdir to
libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/libexec'

If you add something like

if test "$libexecdir" = '${exec_prefix}/libexec'; then
  libexecdir='${exec_prefix}/lib'
fi

to configure.ac then it should work. And, please, don't forget
to print a message what you're doing. E.g.
echo "changing libexecdir to $libexecdir".

Bye,
Andreas