Re: Failure to use -lnsl on Solaris with AC_CHECK_LIB

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Failure to use -lnsl on Solaris with AC_CHECK_LIB
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:08:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Warren Young wrote:

Russ Allbery wrote:

Well, Autoconf has never handled this automatically for anyone else.  :)

I don't do any specific checks for libnsl currently, yet it gets linked automatically when build the program on Linux, at least. How is that need discovered, if not automatically by autoconf? I also see it picking up other libraries, too, like zlib. Is it somehow chasing library dependencies?

Are you sure that Linux even offers a libnsl?  I doubt it.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn