Re: configure sets CFLAGS or how to disable default CFLAGS='-g -O2' f

From: Chris Pickett
Subject: Re: configure sets CFLAGS or how to disable default CFLAGS='-g -O2' for gcc?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:30:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, April 4, 2006 12:12 pm, Chris Pickett wrote:
> Ok, two things.  First, the Automake manual does describe in some detail
> setting CFLAGS (and CPPFLAGS, and so on); see the FAQ entry at the end
> about the ordering differences.

Just to be clear, I mean this:

"What we recommend is that you define extra flags in separate variables.
For instance, you may write an Autoconf macro that computes a set of
warning options for the C compiler, and AC_SUBST them in WARNINGCFLAGS;
you may also have an Autoconf macro that determines which compiler and
which linker flags should be used to link with library libfoo, and
AC_SUBST these in LIBFOOCFLAGS and LIBFOOLDFLAGS."

which is exactly what I am doing.

Cheers,
Chris