Re: AC_DEFINE problem

From: Peter Breitenlohner
Subject: Re: AC_DEFINE problem
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:56:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

* address@hidden wrote on Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:40:34AM CEST:
hi,
i am not on my computer at home right now and don't have cvs on this to
download it, but i got this from sourceforge
it's package "epsilon" in enlightenment 17 cvs

Hmm.  I pulled
http://enlightenment.freedesktop.org/fetch.php?file=epsilon-0.3.0.006.tar.gz

which I assume is what you mean.  Running
 autoconf
inside the top source directory works fine Autoconf-2.59.  However, do
note that aclocal.m4 contains some macro definitions which are not
supplied by either Automake nor Libtool, and are not part of Autoconf
either, nor of the epsilon package.  So if you ever run aclocal, you
have to make sure to have sources for these macros available.

Isn't this (i.e., aclocal.m4 containing private macros[*] without their sources)
something that should be VERY STRONGLY discouraged. After all, running
"reautoconf" may (does?) invoke aclocal.

[*] I'm not talking about m4 macros installed by some prerequisite package under
/usr/share/aclocal (or rather `aclocal --print-ac-dir`).

regards
Peter Breitenlohner <address@hidden>