Re: conversion to git

From: Andrej Prsa
Subject: Re: conversion to git
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 23:14:20 -0400

> Anyway, this is off-topic for this list, so let's stop here. We'll see
> if this sudden move to git, proves sustainability (I don't have any
> experiences with git - But having not been able to avoid hg/mercurial
> in recent past, I came to the conclusion that hg's usability is not
> in a shape to be wanting it for public use.)

Please don't stop this extremely interesting and useful thread! I don't
think it is off-topic as autoconf has moved to git, and I am pretty
sure most of the audience of this list is interested in version
management, as most of us are software developers! :)

Specifically, I did switch from CVS to Subversion about a year ago and
never regretted it. Now I would really like to learn what people have
to say about git.

Best wishes,
Andrej