Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 13:21:20 -0700

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Bob Friesenhahn
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  Quite simple.  I use a namespace-scoped name for the publically installed
> "config.h".  I also use namespace-scoped defines in the publically installed
> "config.h".  This is much simpler than the various complex substitution
> schemes I have seen described on this list and elsewhere.

Ultimately, I settled on "sed(1)" in an "install-data-hook" rule to
patch up the header.
I don't want to install my "config.h", scoped names or not, and yet I
need to know
some of the config stuff.  There is a need for a "preferred method"
for doing this and
documenting how you do it.  Cheers - Bruce