Re: ac_cv_sizeof_X, et al.

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: ac_cv_sizeof_X, et al.
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:25:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Philip Prindeville wrote:

And is there a "autoconf-lint" to check for using broken names, like "ac_cv_sizeof_long_long_unsigned_int" instead of whatever is preferred?

I prefer ac_cv_sizeof_long_long_unsigned_int because it is my nature to be pedantic and it sounds bigger. Is that bad?

These same tests can test for any type from a header file. It is pretty difficult to "optimize" them.

If <stdint.h> and <inttypes.h> were available everywhere then much of this gobbly gook could go away. Maybe in another 10 years or so that will be the case.

Bob