documentation through doxygen stopped working

From: aaragon
Subject: documentation through doxygen stopped working
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:54:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone face the same issue. I used to work with the
ax_prog_doxygen macro but now it stopped working and I have no clue what's
going on. The error is as follows.

address@hidden/Workspace/080427 cpputils$./autogen.sh
configure.ac:58: error: AC_SUBST: `DX_FLAG_[]DX_CURRENT_FEATURE' is not a
valid shell variable name
acinclude.m4:77: DX_REQUIRE_PROG is expanded from...
acinclude.m4:117: DX_ARG_ABLE is expanded from...
acinclude.m4:178: DX_INIT_DOXYGEN is expanded from...
configure.ac:58: the top level
autom4te: /opt/local/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

I saw in another post that this macro is actually quite bad. Does someone
have a suggestion on what's the better way to integrate doxygen with the
autotools?

Thank you all,

aa