From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: AC_SUBST and AC_CACHE_VAL
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:10:27 +0000 (UTC)

Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues <at>> writes:

> * Stefan Bienert wrote on Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:52:02PM CEST:
> > > Old habit.  Use AS_CASE, please.  It makes a difference only if its
> > > arguments expand AC_REQUIRE statements.
> >
> > As I thought. I always use AS_CASE/ AS_IF, makes live a little bit more
> > lazy...where is AS_FOR ?
> Wating for you to implement it.

Actually, it's already implemented in autoconf.git, although it is not yet
documented (can anyone demonstrate that they need it outside of autoconf?).

Hmm.  Speaking of that, autoconf.git mistakenly mentions AS_FOR in the NEWS,
even though it is an otherwise undocumented interface.  I'll fix that shortly.

Eric Blake