Re: reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h

From: Carsten Heinrici
Subject: Re: reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 14:06:44 +0100

>> I tripped over the config.h
>> which is missing inclusion guards.

>> I read in the changeload that there have been includiosn guards added
>> in 1996 but then removed again with some explanation, I did not
>> understand.

> maybe the explanation in http://inaugust.com/post/68
> may shed some light on this?

not really, as it only explains the intention of the files, where they
come from and why they should never be installed and always included
first, if available.

but: if there is this golden rule to always have them included first,
there should be no harm if they would include inclusion guards.

what am I missing here?

Carsten