how do I avoid dynamic libraries?

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: how do I avoid dynamic libraries?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:18:04 -0500

There is a problem with the libffcall ( package (un)maintained by
Bruno Haible, described in <>:

-- libffcall should be built without shared libraries as explained in
   its README[1] file (most of the code is in headers anyway &c)

-- when clisp is linked against libffcall's shared libraries it crashes
   on self-test

So, I have two questions:

1. how do I modify the libffcall's[2] so that the shared
   libraries are never built even if the user asks for them?

2. how do I modify the clisp's[3] so that it never finds
   libffcall's shared libraries even if they are mistakenly installed?

Sam Steingold ( on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
Oral sex was invented by mermaids.