RE : rm -f core cause some troubles

From: PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel
Subject: RE : rm -f core cause some troubles
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 18:12:10 +0000

> That would slow down 'configure' everywhere.

how much ?

> It might make sense to have an Autoconf option that would
> add that behavior as an option, for people who want to have
> directories named 'core', and who don't mind the slowdown.

but if you add an option each time a directory name or other file is not
allowed...

> > ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
> > ./confdefs.h

> I don't see how this is related to the problem with 'core'.
> It appears to be a separate bug.

what can cause this problem, I find only this line in the configure script

# confdefs.h avoids OS command line length limits that DEFS can exceed.
rm -f -r conftest* confdefs.h

I renamed core -> Core, and this issue just gone.

> For your immediate problem, the simplest thing might be
> for you to rename the directory 'core', to 'Core', say.
> If that's not possible, you could run 'configure' in
> a subdirectory perhaps.

I can not rename it as Core, I need to convince the upstream.
If I run configure in a subdirectory, everythings run fine the first time, then
the
core/Makefile is created and the 'rm' problem is triggerred.

cheers,

Frederic