Re: AC_*/AM_* macros for options

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: AC_*/AM_* macros for options
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:18:56 -0700

Jeffrey Walton <address@hidden> writes:

> -Wconversion should be included. That's because -1 > 1 after promotion:

>     signed int i = -1;
>     unsigned int j = 1;

>     if(i > j)
>         printf("-1 > 1 !!!\n");

> I understand its going to be a pain point for those who don't pay
> attention to details.

-Wconversion produces (or at least produced; I've not rechecked recently)
unfixable warnings for most network code due to macro expansion.  See:

The pattern explained in that bug is still present in the current glibc
headers.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)              <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>