Re: Strategy to specify major, minor, and patch versions

Subject: Re: Strategy to specify major, minor, and patch versions
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:58:07 +0100

On 08/29/2014 02:02 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
Two questiosn:

1) is there anything wrong with the way this script has been set?

If it worked for you, that's the ultimate test.  But I would remove the
quoting, to make sure it works by design and not just by chance.

Your comments made sense, and it's always preferable that things should work due to more than pure chance. I've removed the quotes from the script.

2) I realize this is a very basic question, but here it goes: is there a
way to list the MAJOR_VERSION, MINOR_VERSION and PATCH_VERSION variables
in the config.h file?

anything similar to AC_DEFINE([varname], MAJOR_VERSION) should do the trick.

Is varname supposed to be a variable defined through the m4_define() macro?

Thanks,
Zé