Re: Bison and automake together

From: Paulo J. Matos
Subject: Re: Bison and automake together
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:37:26 +0000

address@hidden (Paulo J. Matos) writes:

> I understand your opinion, unfortunately it then means that there's no
> support for Bison in C++ mode from the automake side which is
> unfortunate. :-/

I decided to forget automake support and instead go for my own:
So, I removed AC_PROG_YACC from and added:
| AC_PATH_PROG([BISON], [bison])

Then in
| COMMON_OBJS = scgparser.yy scglexer.l \
|               $(BISON_GENERATED)
| bin_PROGRAMS = scgc scgdoc scgmc
| $(BISON_GENERATED): scgparser.yy
|       $(BISON) --defines=$(BISON_HEADER) $<

But then I get this annoying:
| Yacc (C++) source seen but `YACC' is undefined
|   The usual way to define `YACC' is to add `AC_PROG_YACC'
|   to `' and run `autoconf' again.
| make: *** [] Error 1

Does someone confirm that there is a bug here?
Bison in C++ mode with -y compatibility mode generates a file which
includes ylwrap _cannot_ rename the file or compilation will
fail. If C++ is supported there's a problem with ylwrap. If it's not
supported then Yacc shouldn't display the error and abort the build.

Am I right?