Re: Automake 1.11.2 released

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Automake 1.11.2 released
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 00:16:04 +0900

Antonio Diaz Diaz <address@hidden> writes:
> Three years and three stable releases have passed since a patch (by
> Jan Engelhardt) adding dist-lzip support to Automake was sent to this
> mailing list[1], but Automake 1.11.2 doesn't yet mention lzip
> anywhere. By contrast xz support was added when xz was at an early
> beta stage.

What's the difference between xz and lzip anyway...?

I've never even heard of lzip, but the debian package description makes
it sound very similar to xz...

Americans are broad-minded people.  They'll accept the fact that a person can
be an alcoholic, a dope fiend, a wife beater, and even a newspaperman, but if
a man doesn't drive, there is something wrong with him.  -- Art Buchwald