autonomous-discuss

Re: [autonomo.us] Welcome back to autonomo.us

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [autonomo.us] Welcome back to autonomo.us
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 22:28:09 -0500

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
>> What can autonomo.us do that is productive? provide a directory of
>> autonomo.us services? A badge like CC licenses with a link to make an
>> updated form of webring for sites, with some distincly compliant features? A
>> type of certification for sites that don't sell people's data and souls to
>> the devil? That is also a potential revenue stream for the project.
>
> Reviews and a directory/webring are definitely good things.  I will
> review some stuff as time permits (= not when we've 3- and 4-day
> weeks because of religious festivals and people getting married).
>
> A certification is interesting, but it's tricky to design one that
> is a revenue stream without becoming non-autonomous and
> FOSS-incompatible, isn't it?

Possibly tricky. We have a badge and link like CC to something like
http://autonomo.us/certified/1.0 or

htp://autonomo.us/compliant/1.0

And define what that means...

We can offer upgrades on that certification for more compliance and/or
either offer a service around helping sites and projects get compliant
or have referrals to companies like mine, Fabricatorz, and Matt's
Foocorp to consult and/or directly fix sites.

The question becomes, what is a compliant site?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
http://rejon.org/ | http://fabricatorz.com/