[avr-chat] Eeprom read on Tiny13 (and others)

From: Robert von Knobloch
Subject: [avr-chat] Eeprom read on Tiny13 (and others)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:18:12 +0200

Jörg:

"Curious, where is this `expressly forbidden', except that the
respective register (which would be in place of EEARH) is marked as
reserved?"

Robert:

In the Tiny 13 datasheet on page 158, note 1: "Reserved I/O memory
addresses should never be written".
The same appears for the 8515 and 2313 (these are expressly mentioned in
'eeprom.S').

Of course, I am only looking at eeprom functions and only in small devices.
I t may be that other functions write to 'reserved' locations that I am
unaware of (S-RAM ??).

My 'solution' does not appear to break the model for all of the AVRs
that I have looked at (admittedly not all that exist).
EEARH seems only to be defined (in the ioxxyy.h files) for devices with
16-Bit eeprom address registers.
As a developer of small devices I am far more interested in code size
than speed so Mike Hennebry's solution would not be good for me.

I will file bug reports, I wanted to discuss with the list first.

Best regards,

Robert von Knobloch.